Compound Sentence

 Compound Sentence

Kalimat majemuk adalah kalimat dengan setidaknya dua klausa independen .

Klausa independen (tidak seperti klausa dependen ) dapat berdiri sendiri sebagai kalimat.

Contoh Compound Sentence


Di bawah ini adalah contoh compund sentence. Dalam setiap contoh, klausa independen diarsir.
  • Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Albert Einstein, 1879-1955)

  • There used to be a real me, but I had it surgically removed. (Peter Sellers, 1925-1980)

  • Go, and never darken my towels again. (Groucho Marx, 1890-1977)
  • (Note: Go is the shortest sentence in English.)

  • Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do. (Dale Carnegie)

Menggabungkan Klausa Independen dalam Compound Sentence


Dalam kalimat majemuk, klausa independen digabungkan menggunakan salah satu metode berikut:
  • A conjunction with a comma (e.g., ", and")
    • I like tea, and he likes coffee.
  • A semicolon
    • I like hot chocolateit sends me to sleep.
  • A colon
    • I know one thingI love that girl.
    • (This is rare because the words after a colon are not often an independent clause.)
  • A dash
    • I know you're here — I can smell your perfume.

  • A conjunction with a semicolon (e.g., "; and")
    • After the lights went out, I could hear you whispering; and I know you were talking about me.
    • (This is rare because it's an outdated style.)



Share this

Related Posts

Latest
Previous
Next Post »